Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
410 p., published by EMAS - ISBN: 978 90 8227 691 6.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents
- Welcome address by the Chairperson of the Local Organising Committee 5
- EMAS Presidents’ address 7
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 9
Sustaining Companies 13
- International Scientific Committee / Local Organising Committee 15
- Exhibitors 17
- Sponsors 19
- Workshop programme 21
- Tutorials 31
● Advanced electron probe microanalysis. 33
Paul K. Carpenter
● Low voltage EPMA: experiments on a new frontier in microanalysis. 49
John Fournelle and H. Cathey
● Toward atomic-scale tomography. 67
Thomas F. Kelly
● Development of soft X-ray emission spectrometer for EPMA/SEM and its application. 71
Hideyuki Takahashi, T. Murano, M. Takakura, S. Asahina, M. Terauchi, M. Koike, T. Imazono, N. Hasegawa, M. Koeda and T. Nagano
● Quantification of low concentration elements using soft X-rays at high spatial resolution. 85
Philippe T. Pinard and S. Richter
● Low voltage imaging and X-ray analysis in the SEM: challenges and opportunities. 103
Richard Wührer and K. Moran
● Quantitative X-ray microanalysis, EBSD and imaging at high spatial resolution in the transmission mode of the SEM. 121
N. Brodusch, H. Demers and Raynald Gauvin
● Quantitative ADF STEM: acquisition, analysis and interpretation. 139
● Fundamentals of electron energy-loss spectrometry. 163
Ferdinand Hofer, G. Kothleitner, F. Schmidt and W. Grogger
● Applications of scanning transmission electron microscopy (STEM). 177
Sašo Šturm, E. Tchernychova, C.W. Ow-Yang, G. Inan, M. Jerič and M. Čeh
● Characterisation of nanoparticles by means of high-resolution SEM/EDS. 187
Vasile-Dan Hodoroaba, S. Rades, T. Salge, J. Mielke, E. Ortel and R. Schmidt
● Electron probe microanalysis of dopant concentrations in complex perovskite ferroelectrics. 201
● Cathodoluminescence and X-ray hyperspectral analysis in the FEG-EPMA. 215
Colin MacRae, N.C. Wilson, A. Torpy and M.I. Pownceby
● Cathodoluminescence in scanning transmission electron microscopy (STEM). 229
● State of the art of electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD). 247
● Physics-based simulation models for EBSD: advances and challenges. 271
● Electron backscatter diffraction in transmission mode in the scanning electron microscope (SEM). 287
Patrick W. Trimby
● Electron backscatter diffraction in nuclear applications. 303
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young Scientists’ Session 313
● EMAS Thesis Award presentation
- Contribution to the physical modelling of the actinide characterisation by electron probe microanalysis.
● Mitigating thermal beam damage with metallic coatings in low voltage FEG‑EPMA of geological materials.
Ben Buse, S.L. Kearns and J. Wade
● New methods to estimate the internal pressure of xenon in fission bubbles using SEM EPMA-SIMS and EBSD in irradiated fuels.
Céline Cagna, I. Zacharie-Aubrun, P. Bienvenu, L. Barralier and B. Michel
● Electron channelling contrast reconstruction with electron backscattered diffraction.
Shirin Kaboli, H. Demers, N. Brodusch and R. Gauvin
● Micro- and nanoscale investigations on gas shales from the Dniepr Donets Basin (Ukraine): implications for shale gas potential.
David Misch, D. Gross, F. Mendez Martin, P. Onuk and R.F. Sachsenhofer
● Electron probe microanalysis on actinide reference materials.
Xenia Ritter, P. Pöml, S. Brémier and J. Berndt
- Abstracts of presentations by respectively the MAS-USA and AMAS Student Award Winners 325
● An in ovo investigation of the ultrastructural effects of the heavy metals cadmium and chromium on liver tissue.
Chantelle Venter, H.M. Oberholzer, H. Taute, M.J. Bester and C.F. van der Merwe
● Determination of oxygen vacancies and Ce3+ in Tb-CeO2 mixed oxides using EELS.
Anita M. D’Angelo, A.C.Y. Liu and A.L. Chaffee
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 329