Price Member: EUR 42 each
Price Non-member: EUR 60 each
Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
410 p., published by EMAS.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents
- Welcome address by the Chairperson of the Local Organising Committee 5
- EMAS Presidents’ address 7
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 9
Sustaining Companies 13
- International Scientific Committee / Local Organising Committee 17
- Exhibitors 19
- Sponsors 21
- Workshop programme 23
- Tutorials 33
● Improving analytical spatial resolution with the field emission electron microprobe. 35
Silvia Richter and P.T. Pinard
● Characterisation of sub-micrometre features with the FE-EPMA. 57
● Physicochemical characterisation of cerium particles generated by combustion of Ce‑doped diesel fuel. 73
Kristin L. Bunker, R. Willis, G. Casuccio, E. Grulke, N. Mandzy, G. Norris, D. Nash, J. Weinstein, J. Conny, H.O.T. Pye, K. Kovalcik and M. Lewandowksi
● Quantitative X-ray mapping, scatter diagrams and the generation of correction maps to obtain more information about your material. 95
Richard Wührer and K. Moran
● The importance of secondary fluorescence in EPMA. 111
● A vision of the future electron microprobe. 121
Nicholas W.M. Ritchie, and D.E. Newbury
● High speed, high resolution X-ray imaging and spectroscopy. 137
Lothar Strüder, H. Soltau, R. Hartmann, S. Ihle, M. Huth, J. Schmidt, C. Thamm, D. Steigenhöfer, R. Eckhardt, H. Ryll, M. Schmidt, P. Holl and G. Lutz
● Advances in microcalorimeter detectors. 157
● Backscattered helium spectroscopy in the helium ion microscope: principles, resolution and applications. 165
Raoul van Gastel, G. Hlawacek, S. Dutta and B. Poelsema
● Scanning probe - atomic force microscopy: new developments and applications. 177
● Current state of the art of electron backscatter diffraction. 193
Ken P. Mingard, A.P. Day and P.N. Quested
● A review of advances and challenges in EBSD strain mapping. 209
Angus J. Wilkinson
● Evaluation of quantitative procedures for X-ray microanalysis of environmental particles. 223
Karine Deboudt, M. Choël, A. Blondel, V. Savary, H. Marris and P. Flament
● Microanalysis of cosmic dust: nanometre-scale imaging and analysis in the SEM. 237
Edward P. Vicenzi
● Understanding the structure of nanocatalysts with HR(S)TEM. 251
Leonard D. Francis
● Nanoscale characterisation of semiconductors by cathodoluminescence. 267
Klaus Thonke, I. Tischer, M. Hocker, M. Schirra, K. Fujan, M. Wiedenmann, R. Schneider, M. Frey and M. Feneberg
● Importance of advanced characterisation techniques in the synthesis of novel nanomaterials. 289
Vasco Teixeira, S. Azevedo, P. Carvalho and J. Carneiro
● Nanoscale analysis of volcanic crystals: applications to diffusion chronometry. 307
Kate E. Saunders, B. Buse, S.L. Kearns, M. Kilburn, J. Blundy, S. Rinnen, S. Klemme and H.F. Arlinghaus
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young Scientists’ Session 321
● Low keV electron probe analysis of iron silicides.
P. Gopon, J. Fournelle, X. Llovet and P. Sobol
● Plastic deformation studies with electron channelling contrast imaging and electron backscattered diffraction.
S. Kaboli, P.T. Pinard and R. Gauvin
● Accurate measurements of X-ray emission cross-sections for heavy elements by electron microprobe.
A. Moy, C. Merlet, X. Llovet and O. Dugne
● Electron microscopy examination of nanostructures assembled on Ge(001) surface by gold deposition and annealing.
M. Nikiel, B.R. Jany, P. Indyka, M. Korzekwa and F. Krok
● High resolution carbon measurements in steel using FEG-EPMA.
P.T. Pinard, A. Aretz and S. Richter
● Microbeam analysis on industrial aluminium samples for lithographic printing.
M. Tzedaki, M. Raes, I. De Graeve, B. Kernig, J. Hasenclever and H. Terryn
- Abstracts of presentations by respectively the AMAS Student Award Winner 331
● Cathodoluminescence irradiation kinetics of InGaN/GaN multi-quantum wells.
M.N. Lockrey, M. Wintrebert-Fouquet and M.R. Phillips
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 335