Price Member: EUR 42 each
Price Non-member: EUR 60 each
Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
396 p., published by EMAS.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents
- Welcome address by the Chairman of the Local Organising Committee 5
- EMAS Presidents’ address 7
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 9
Sustaining Companies 13
- International Scientific Committee 17
Local Organising Committee
- Exhibitors 19
- Sponsors 21
- Workshop programme 23
- Tutorials 33
- High-resolution X-ray spectrometry. 35
- Trace analysis in EPMA. 51
Michael J. Jercinovic, M.L. Williams, J. Allaz and J.J. Donovan
- Multivariate statistical analysis of hyperspectral microanalysis datasets. 77
John Henry J. Scott and J. Davis
- Uncertainty and capability of quantitative EPMA at low voltage. 99
Claude Merlet and X. Llovet
- X-ray microanalysis: the state-of-the-art of SDD detectors and WDS systems on scanning electron microscopes (SEM).119
Laurent Maniguet, F. Robaut, A. Meuris, F. Roussel-Dherbey and F. Charlot
- Mineral surface - organic matter interactions and applications.137
- Application of microbeam analysis to photovoltaics.153
- Electron probe microbeam analysis of volcanic ash.163
Stuart L. Kearns
- Microbeam analysis of irradiated nuclear materials.177
Clive T. Walker, S. Brémier, P. Pöml, D. Papaioannou and P.W.D. Bottomley
- Nuclear reaction analysis (NRA) at the micrometre scale.201
- LIBS for microanalysis - tool or toy?215
J. Riedel, I. Gornushkin and Ulrich Panne
- Multi-scale Raman microanalysis of ill-organized solids, at the laboratory or with portable instruments.225
- Texture and phase analysis at the nanoscale: new application of electron diffraction in the TEM.239
Edgar F. Rauch, M. Véron, S. Lay, L. Andre and M. Gemmi
- X-ray microanalysis in low-vacuum SEM.243
Robert A. Carlton
- Contrast mechanisms of low-loss backscattered electrons in a field emission SEM.255
- Microanalysis in a FIB/SEM: EDX in 3D. What can we expect, where are the limits ...?271
Marco Cantoni and P. Burdet
- Quantitative microstructural analysis by orientation contrast microscopy.287
Leo A. Kestens, R. Decocker and R.H. Petrov
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young Scientists’ Session 305
- 3D EDS microanalysis by FIB-SEM: enhancement of elemental quantification.
- , C. Hébert and M. Cantoni
- The application of VP-SEM in microstructure analysis of ceramic macroporous scaffolds for bone tissue engineering.
A.M. Janus and M. Faryna
- EPMA and EBSD analysis of the chemical and structural changes during deformation of 16% chromium stainless steel.
A. Nuñez Galindo, X. Llovet and J.F. Almagro
- EPMA and SIMS investigations of a zircon crystal from the Chernobyl “lava”.
P. Pöml, B. Burakov, T. Geisler, R. Hasnaoui and C.T. Walker
- Limits of detection of µ-XRF with the SEM/EDS for RoHS relevant elements.
V. Rackwitz, M. Ostermann, U. Panne and V.-D. Hodoroaba
- Electron microprobe investigations of crystal chemistry and phase relations in gallate and aluminate systems for optical applications.
A. Richter, and M. Göbbels
- Abstracts of presentations by respectively the MAS-USA and AMAS Student Award Winners 313
- An API/GUI for Monte Carlo simulation of EPMA spectra using PENELOPE.
P.T. Pinard, H. Demers, F. Salvat and R. Gauvin
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 317