Price Member: EUR 42 each
Price Non-member: EUR 60 each
Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
297 p., published by EMAS.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents
- Welcome address by the Chairman of the Local Organising Committee 5
- EMAS Presidents’ address 7
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 9
Sustaining Companies 11
- International Scientific Committee 15
Local Organising Committee
- Exhibitors 17
- Sponsors 19
- Workshop programme 21
- Tutorials 31
- 75 years of Kossel patterns. 33
Enrico Langer and S. Däbritz
- State of the art in EBSD technology. 53
- Overview of new tools to evaluate large EDS datasets. 55
- Applications of fast high resolution and high sensitivity EDS analysis. 57
Edward D. Boyes
- Using DTSA-II to simulate and interpret energy-dispersive spectra from particles. 63
Nicholas W.M. Ritchie
- Microbeam analysis in Poland - past and future. 79
- EPMA: why we still need it. 83
- Combining high-resolution EPMA with hyperspectral cathodoluminescence and X‑ray analysis. 85
Colin MacRae, N.C. Wilson, A. Torpy and M. Pownceby
- Uncertainties in electron probe microanalysis. 97
Ryna B. Marinenko and S. Leigh
- 3D nano-characterisation of materials by FIB-SEI/EDS tomography.111
Fernando Lasagni, A.F. Lasagni, C. Holzapfel and F. Mücklich
- 3-dimensional orientation microscopy using FIB-EBSD tomography: an overview on techniques, applications, and limits.123
- Nanoscale analysis in 3D using electron tomography.137
- The role of atom-probe tomography in materials science.151
Didier Blavette, E. Cadel, O. Cojocaru-Mirédin and B. Deconihout
- Petrology - microbeam analysis of core samples from drilled exploration wells and outcrops.165
Johannes M. Rykkje, E. Rein, G. Torkildsen and G. Halvorsen
- Scanning electron beam-based automated mineralogy - outline of technology and selected applications in the natural resources industry.169
R. Dobbe, P. Gottlieb, Y. Gu, A.R. Butcher, R. Fandrich and Herman Lemmens
- Microanalysis in the metals recycling industry.191
- Application of X-ray microanalytical methods to mining related environmental problems.207
János Osán, A. Alsecz, I. E. Sajó and S. Török
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young Scientists’ Session 225
- HAADF-STEM tomography and EDX microanalysis of nanoparticles in oxide dispersion strengthened alloys.
G. Cempura, A. Kruk, J.C. Hernandez, P.A. Midgley, B. Dubiel and A. Czyrska‑Filemonowicz
- The effect of hydrogen on the properties of a Ti-6Al-4V alloy surface layer.
B. Chmiela and M. Sozańska
- Combined SEM/EDX and XRD analyses for the characterisation of apatite layer formation on a bioglass composite surface.
J. Kokoszka, K. Cholewa-Kowalska and M. Łączka
- Determination up to 50 keV of the efficiency of an energy-dispersive X-ray spectrometer with a SEM using a calibrated reference spectrometer.
V. Rackwitz, V.-D. Hodoroaba, M. Procop, A. Warrikhoff and U. Panne
- Analysis of americium in UMo polyphase glass-ceramics samples by WDS.
M. Tribet, J.-M. Boubals and L. Bojat
- Application of focussed ion beam technique for TEM multilayer materials examination.
J. Wojewoda-Budka, P. Zięba, J. Morgiel and N. Sobczak
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 233