Price Member: EUR 42 each
Price Non-member: EUR 60 each
Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
314 p., published by EMAS.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents
- Welcome address by the Chairman of the Local Organising Committee 5
- EMAS Presidents’ address 7
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 9
Sustaining Companies 11
- International Scientific Committee 15
Local Organising Committee
- Exhibitors 17
- Sponsors 19
- Workshop programme 21
- Tutorials 31
- Multilayer crystals for light element analysis. 33
Stephen J.B. Reed
- Conventional wavelength-dispersive X-ray spectrometry versus parallel beam spectroscopy - a basic overview. 41
Corrie J.G. van Hoek and M. Koolwijk
- Application of focused ion beam SIMS in materials science. 53
David S. McPhail, R.J. Chater and L. Li
- Fundamentals and applications of cluster SIMS. 73
Chris Szakal and G. Gillen
- Application of FIB/SEM tomographic spectral imaging to the analysis of a braze joint. 89
Paul G. Kotula
- Basic EELS: on recent trends and applications. 99
- Model-based quantification of EELS: is standardless EELS quantification possible?.113
Jo Verbeeck and G. Bertoni
- The impact of aberration-correction on analytical STEM.121
Peter D. Nellist
- Sub-Ångstrom and sub-eV analytical TEM: applications in materials science.131
Joachim Mayer, L. Houben, S. Lopatin, M. Luysberg, A. Thust and T. Weirich
- Advances in synchrotron X-ray fluorescence spectro-microscopy.137
- X-ray fluorescence as an additional method for a scanning electron microscope.147
Mathias Procop and V.-D. Hodoroaba
- Developments in and possibilities of 3D micro X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy.159
- Microanalysis using a µ-XRF system.163
- Microbeam analysis applied to adhesion, surfaces and interfaces.175
John F. Watts
- Applications of microanalysis in the cultural heritage field.187
- Application of combined SEM/EDX and µ-Raman approaches for the chemical and structural characterisation of fine particulates.199
Anna De Maeyer-Worobiec, E.A. Stefaniak, A. Brooker and R.E. Van Grieken
- Forensic applications of microbeam analysis.209
Johann P. Krüsemann
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young Scientists’ Session 221
- The optimization of focused ion beam secondary ion mass spectrometry (FIB‑SIMS) for applications in materials science.
Libing Li and D.S. McPhail
- Combined elemental and phase analysis of fly-ash by EPMA and XRD techniques.
Elzbieta Augustyn, J. Łączny and M. Żelechower
- Microanalysis of B-, C- and Fe-containing melts for nuclear reactor severe accident studies.
Sergio Sao Joao, C. Duriez, C. Dominguez and D. Jacquemain
- Evaluation of electron beam damage of SiO2/Si in Auger microprobe analysis.
Hideyuki Sato, S. Fukushima, T. Kimura and S. Tanuma
- Precise estimation of atom column positions from the phase of a reconstructed electron exit wave.
Sandra Van Aert, S. Bals, G. Van Tendeloo and D. Van Dyck
- Identification of pigments with a combined µ-XRF/µ-Raman instrument and its comparison with µ-XRD analysis.
Geert Van der Snickt, K. Janssens, W. De Nolf and B. Vekemans
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 231