Price Member: EUR 42 each
Price Non-member: EUR 60 each
Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
387 p., published by EMAS.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents
- Welcome Address from the Chairman of the Workshop 5
- EMAS President's Address 7
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 9
- International Scientific Committee 13
Local Organising Committee
- Exhibitors 15
- Sponsors 17
- Workshop programme 19
- Tutorials 29
- The legacy of Raimond Castaing. 31
François Grillon and J. Philibert
- Improving matrix corrections. 41
David C. Joy
- EPMA present and future. 59
- Electron microbeam analysis in the earth sciences. 77
John F.W. Bowles
- X-ray microanalysis of thin surface films and coatings. 89
- Quantitative high-resolution electron microscopy.119
Dirk Van Dyck
- Investigations of the structure and properties of interfaces on the nanoscale.169
- Ultra-shallow depth profiling by SIMS.171
Wilfried Vandervorst, H. De Witte, T. Janssens, C. Huygbaert and B. Brijs
- Nano-scale surface analysis by scanning probe ion mass spectrometry.173
Paul F.A. Alkemade and N.N. Gribov
- Examples of quantification in XPS.179
Thomas Gouder and L. Havela
- Monitoring the papermaking processes with XPS195
- Analytical potential of EDS at low voltages.207
Edward D. Boyes
- Soft X-rays and low-voltage SEM in practice.225
- Benefits of spectrum simulation for X-ray microanalysis at low energies.247
Peter Duncumb and P.J. Statham
- Design features of a high-resolution microcalorimeter EDX system based on pulse tube and ADR cooling.251
Jens Höhne and U. Hess
- Energy-dispersive X-ray spectrometry by microcalorimetry for electron-excited X-ray microanalysis.263
Dale Newbury, D. Wollman, S.W. Nam, G. Hilton, K. Irwin, J. Small and J. Martinis
- Chemical interactions by LEXES.279
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young scientists’ session 293
- Nb/Ta determination by electron microprobe in mantle xenoliths.
Florence Kalfoun, C. Merlet and D. Ionov
- Evaluation of CCD camera observed Kossel and pseudo-Kossel patterns by programme KOPSKO 2.
Enrico Langer, S. Däbritz and W. Hauffe
- Possibilities and limitations for organic dye detection at the surface of silver halide microcrystals with TOF-SIMS.
Jens Lenaerts, R. Gijbels, L. Van Vaeck, I. Geuens and P. Callant
- Particle analysis by SEM / EDXS and specimen damage.
Martin Schmied and P. Pölt
- Indirect measurement of biologically important compounds by means of X-ray microanalysis.
Gregorz Tylko, W. Kilarski and M. Mikrut
- Analysis of individual atmospheric particles by thin-window EPMA: optimisation of measuring conditions and applications.
Anna Worobiec, I. Szaloki, J. Osan and R. Van Grieken
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 301