Price Member: EUR 42 each
Price Non-member: EUR 60 each
Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
362 p., published by EMAS.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents 3
- Welcome 5
- Presidential 7
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 9
- International Scientific Committee 13
Local Organising Committee
- Exhibitors 15
- Sponsors 17
- Detailed programme 19
- Tutorials 29
- High-spatial-resolution low-energy electron beam X-ray microanalysis. 31
Ian Barkshire, Peter Karduck, Werner P. Rehbach and Silvia Richter
- Quantitative trace analysis by wavelength-dispersive EPMA. 55
Stephen J.B. Reed
- X-ray microanalysis in the environmental SEM: a challenge or a contradiction? 69
John F. Mansfield
- Quantitative AES - Mapping and depth profiling. 85
Martin Prutton, David K. Wilkinson and Daniel A. Loveday
- XPS imaging: principle and application in surface analysis107
Minh Duc Tran
- Trends and tendencies in microbeam analysis.117
John J. Friel
- Dynamic SIMS: quantification at all depths?119
Peer C. Zalm
- High-resolution surface analysis by time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (TOF-SIMS).143
- Quantitative energy-filtering transmission electron microscopy (EFTEM).165
Ferdinand Hofer, Werner Grogger, Peter Warbichler and Ilse Papst
- Analysis of alloynanoparticles.187
Charles E. Lyman, Rollin E. Lakis and Bård Tøtdal
- Application of microbeam techniques in the steel industry201
Henri Dillen, Chris Xhoffer, Hedwig Storms and Leo Kestens
- Understanding the formation and history of rocks by applying microbeam analysis techniques.221
Luisa P. Ottolini
- Application of microbeam techniques to materials problems in a service laboratory.241
- Characterisation of defects in glasses and coatings on glasses by microanalytical techniques.255
Klaus Bange, Hartmut Müller and Christine Strubel
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young scientists’ session 273
- A new method for determining the implanted charge in insulating materials under electron bombardment.
Mohamed Belhaj, S. Odof, O. Jbara and J. Cazaux
- Expert system for WDS microprobe.
Cécile Fournier, C. Merlet, P. Staub and O. Dugne
- Depth profiling of ion-implanted samples by LEXES and SIMS.
Chrystel Hombourger, P. Jonnard and C. Bonnelle
- Calculations and measurements of L- and M-shell ionisation cross-sections by electron impact.
Xavier Llovet, C. Merlet, F. Salvat and J.M. Fernández-Varea
- Comparative investigation of a heat-insulating coating on floatglass using AES, EPMA, SIMS and SNMS.
Markus Pidun, N. Lesch, S. Richter, P. Karduck, W. Bock, M. Kopnarski and P. Willich
- Chemical surface characterisation of complex AgX microcrystals by imaging time‑of‑flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (TOF-SIMS).
Geert Verlinden, R. Gijbels and I. Geuens
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 281