Price Member: EUR 25 each
Price Non-member: EUR 40 each
Contains the full text of the invited lectures and the abstracts of the poster contributions.
485 p., published by EMAS - ISBN: 978 90 8227 693 0.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Table of contents 3
- Welcome address by the Chairperson of the Local Organising Committee 7
- EMAS President’s address 9
IUMAS President’s address 10
- European Microbeam Analysis Society: Executive Board 11
Sustaining Companies 15
- International Scientific Committee / Local Organising Committee 17
- Exhibitors 19
- Sponsors 21
- Workshop programme 23
- Tutorials 35
● EDS microanalysis: pushing the limits. 37
Nicholas W.M. Ritchie, D.E. Newbury, H.A. Lowers and M. Mengason
● Trace element analysis in EPMA: current state and perspectives. 55
Valentina G. Batanova, A.V. Sobolev and V. Magnin
● Quantitative X-ray analysis toward single-atom characterisation in materials: history of the MicroAnalysis Society for the future. 75
● Cathodoluminescence and soft X-ray analysis at liquid nitrogen temperatures. 83
Colin M. MacRae, N.C. Wilson and A. Torpy
● FIB thin sample microanalysis with FEG-EPMA. 101
● Monte Carlo simulation and fundamental quantities. 113
Francesc Salvat and X. Llovet
● A deterministic model of electron transport for electron probe microanalysis. 133
J. Bünger, S. Richter and Manuel Torrilhon
● A detector revolution: direct silicon detectors for electron microscopy. 149
Angus I. Kirkland
● Reflection zone plate wavelength-dispersive X-ray spectrometry. 151
Alexei I. Erko
● Nanoscale chemical mapping by combination of atomic force microscopy with IR and Raman spectroscopies. 167
● Electron transport properties of monolayer graphene measured from secondary electron microscopy according to the substrate variational method. 171
Bo Da, H. Yoshikawa, S. Tanuma and Z.J. Ding
● A new life for the wavelength-dispersive X-ray spectrometer (WDS): incorporation of a silicon drift detector into the WDS for improved quantification and X-ray mapping. 181
Richard Wuhrer and K. Moran
● Correlating cathodoluminescence analysis with WDS and EBIC in the EPMA. 211
Robert W. Martin and P.R. Edwards
● High-resolution quantitative cathodoluminescence (CL) for defect metrology in semiconductors. 229
Samuel Sonderegger, D. Gachet, M. Zielinksi and J. Berney
● Advances in scanning transmission electron microscopy 237
Stephen J. Pennycook, C.J. Li, M. Li, X. Zhao, J. Dan, M.P. Oxley, A.R. Lupini, R. Ishikawa and W. Zhou
● Pushing the limits of electron energy-loss spectroscopy: from phonons to core losses in real and momentum spaces. 257
Quentin M. Ramasse, F.S. Hage, R.J. Nicholls, J. Yates, K. Refson, D.M. Kepaptsoglou, H.C. Nerl, V. Nicolosi, K. Winther, K. Thygesen, F. Azough and R. Freer
● Understanding deformation with high angular resolution electron backscatter diffraction (HR-EBSD). 263
T. Ben Britton and J.L.R. Hickey
● Integration of electron backscatter diffraction, transmission Kikuchi diffraction and atom probe microscopy: a superior workflow for nanoscale geochemistry. 279
Steven M. Reddy, D.W. Saxey, W.D.A. Rickard, D. Fougerouse and A. van Riessen
- Abstracts of presentations in the Young Scientists’ Session 289
● EMAS Thesis Award presentation
Electron probe microanalysis of carbon containing steels at a high spatial resolution.
Philippe T. Pinard and S. Richter
● Atomic scale study on growth and heteroepitaxy of ZnO monolayer on graphene.
Hyo-Ki Hong, J. Lee, N.Y. Kim, S. Son, J.H. Kim, R. Erni and Z. Lee
● Low EPMA totals of hydrous basaltic glass: effect of sub-surface charging.
Ery C. Hughes, B. Buse and S.L. Kearns
● SEM-EDS analysis of the niello inlays of a late Roman silver augur staff (lituus) found in Pannonia province (Hungary).
Viktória Mozgai, B. Topa, T.G. Weiszburg, B. Bajnóczi, I. Fórizs, Zs. Mráv and M. Tóth
● Analytical TEM study of calcium phosphate nanoparticles in an intracellular environment.
André L. Rossi
● Simulations of electron-specimen interactions in electron microscopy using quantum trajectories.
Samantha Rudinsky, A. Sanz and R. Gauvin
● Characterisation of niobium microsegregation and eutectic niobium carbide along the process chain in a microalloyed case hardening steel.
Mamta Sharma, S. Richter, U. Prahl and W. Bleck
● High-resolution imaging, EBSD analysis and isotope mapping of experimentally produced micro- and nanocrystalline geological materials.
Liene Spruzeniece, S. Piazolo, M.R. Kilburn and A. Putnis
● Emergence and progression of abnormal grain growth in minimally strained nickel‑200.
Olivia Underwood, J. Madison, J. Michael, B. McKenzie, R. Martens and G. Thompson
● Dose-management strategies for TEM investigation of lithium-based materials for battery applications.
Frédéric Voisard, H. Demers, M. Trudeau, G.P. Demopoulos, R. Gauvin and K. Zaghib
● Study of atomic structure and electron structure of uranium oxide and nitride.
Rongguang Zeng, Y.W. Zhao, X.D. Meng, T.W. Liu, Y. Hu, B. Bai, K.Z. Liu and H. Tan
● Spider silk observed by femtosecond SHG microscopy.
Yue Zhao, K.T.T. Hien, G. Mizutani and H.N. Rutt
- Abstracts of the poster presentations 313