Please click here to find a list of past/archived events.
MAS Topical Conference: EBSD 2018
From 23.05.2018 until 25.05.2018 Save to calendar
MAS sponsored EBSD Topical Conference held at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, May 23-25 2018. Registration and abstraction submission are now open:
Please forward to interested students, post-docs, colleagues, users, and researchers and note the abstract and registration deadline: April 1st 2018. Financial support will be available to help MAS Early Career Scholars to attend this Topical Conference.
The EBSD TC will follow past formats and include:
• Basic sample preparation, data collection, and advanced data analysis, tutorials, group problem-solving sessions, and hands-on laboratory demonstrations (Wednesday May 23).
• A two-day meeting with plenary and contributed presentations and a poster session covering the most recent developments, data analysis methods, and applications in the fields of materials science and geology (Thurs-Fri May 24-25).
• A banquet will take place on Thursday evening following the poster session.
• Ample opportunities for networking.
• Interactions with vendors.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Katharina Marquardt (University Bayreuth, Germany)
• John Wheeler (University of Liverpool, UK)
• Maurine Mantagnat (Institut des Géosciences de l'Environnement, France)
• Angus Wilkinson (Oxford University, UK)
• Ralf Hielscher (Chemnitz Technische Universität, Germany)
Confirmed tutorial leaders and tutorial topics include:
• Brian Hess (University of Wisconsin) - geological sample preparation
• Luke Brewer (The University of Alabama) - Metallurgical Sample Preparation
• Marc De Graef (Carnegie Mellon University) - EBSD Technology and Indexing Engine
• Angus Wilkinson (University of Oxford, UK) -Cross Correlation EBSD
• Stephen Niezgoda (The Ohio State University) - Coupling Crystal Plasticity Modeling with EBSD Data
• Ralf Hielscher (Chemnitz Technishe Universität, Germany) - Matlab Texture Analysis Toolbox
• Sean Donnegan/Mike Groeber (AFRL) - Dream 3D for Polycrystalline Datasets
• Joseph MIchael (Sandia)- Materials science case studies
• Elena Miranda (CSU Northridge) - Geological sciences Case studies
We look forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor!
On behalf of the Organizing Committee,
Steve Niezgoda (OSU)
Marc DeGraef (CMU)
Elena Miranda (CSU Northridge)
Andrew Cross (Wash U St Louis)
Bobby Kerns (UM)
John Mansfield (UM)
Emmanuelle Marquis (UM)